Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My iPod

Wednesday. Music selection this morning: Built to Spill. These guys are pretty good. I think I may have a solution to my iPod problem. Apparently I am not the only one whose iPod skips tracks. Someone on the internet said they had a way to fix it (and I trust everything I read on the internet), so I am going to try it out and see. I hope it works because I have a whole Built to Spill album and several others that won't play.
Minor problems aside, I think that the iPod is probably the best invention since the commericalization of the internet. And there is a lot of competition out there including mobile phones, DVD players, and anything by Ron Popeil. I love my iPod. It is much easier than trying to carry several hundred CDs in your pocket, trust me. I ruined a lot of good pairs of pants that way.

2 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Hey Lampside:

When you are putting your DMB CD on your computer, do the tracks show up as 20 second loops? That is, does it play for about 20 seconds and then start over? Then it is probably digitally protected to keep people from downloading the tracks and sharing them online. I have run into that several times and many albums in the past year or so that have come out are like that. I can see why they are doing it, but it punishes people who legitimately buy the album and can't put the songs on their iPod. Maybe they want them to have to buy the album twice by having you buy the files from iTunes as well. There are work arounds, such as decoders and rippers (or downloading from someone who already has decoded), but that would mean engaging in questionable technological behaviors so I can't advise you to pursue that route (just make you aware that those options exist...).

Friday, June 17, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

also Lampside: how are you downloading the tracks that aren't showing up on your list? I have downloaded free songs from, say Amazon, that didn't show up in my list because they downloaded to some random temp folder. Just do a file search for the song title, locate the temp folder, and the move it into your music folder where iTunes can locate it. Hope that helps-

Friday, June 17, 2005 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home