Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It’s Weeds Pulling Weeds and You’re Blaming Yourself; Ok, We’re All Indifferent in Our Own Ways

Tuesday. Well, today was certainly an uneventful day. I took off part of the morning to take mis hijas to the dentist so I missed out on at least a few hours of the daily fun. Once I got into the office I got bombarded by a bunch of phone calls but things soon died down to their usual levels of boringness. I put together my pre-upload spreadsheet, which took a bit of time, and then I compiled another spreadsheet report by the Big Boss Lady's request. I also had a vendor calling me up again for payment on an incorrect invoice that his company themselves said to hold until they corrected it. Didn't this guy pay attention the last couple of times we went through this? Jeez Louise! And who are these people that spend the day calling up businesses demanding payment for overdue invoices?! How do they sleep at night? Oh wait... I'm one of those people... never mind...

Today's music selection was a repeat. At least I think it is, I haven't gone back through the archives to check. But it was Sad Sappy Sucker by Modest Mouse and I've done MM so many times on this site that I would find it quite odd if this album had managed to slip through. I hadn't listened to any Mouse in awhile, though, so I started getting a jones for some a few days ago. Well, I've been cranking the Mouse ever since. I'm on a total kick right now, which is cool since I am totally down with Modest Mouse. However, you guys will probably get bored of me raving about MM any more than I already have over the life of this blog, so I'll just stop now. I will say, though, that the songs Broke, Lives and Interstate 8 have been totally in my head lately. If you want three good reasons to dig the Mouse, there you have it. Go start listening to those tracks now and when you are finished I'll give you about 150 more reasons to consider...

4 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

can you tell sweet lil gal that her blog is showing a blank page?
(and that there's a pride parade in sudbury in july?)

thanks!

*real comment later*

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

hee
i love those moments when you realise you are what you're railing against

it must be so satisfying

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hi Sass-

Yes, I get those moments of realization often. I don't know if it's bad that I'm a hypocrite, or if it's good that I am at least realizing anything at all...

I have been checking SLG's page for the past couple of days and it has been down. I posted a comment in the previous thread to let her know, so hopefully she checks back and sees it.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

john i think it's the realising that's important. it's how you build empathy...

well at least it isn't just me who can't load her blog :(

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home