Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Life’s a Gamble, Step Up and Place Your Bets; I Drift Through Space, Then Make My Escape on Through the ‘Net

Tuesday. Sorry for the no post again yesterday. I am still really busy here at work lately and there still seems to be no signs of letting up. The increased sales volume for this time of year has resulted in a huge stack of sales orders sitting on my desk just waiting for my approval. Even though I am diligently working through them, as soon as one is gone another handful come in. On top of all that, I am really pushing on collections this month. Although I still have a long ways to go, I did get the good news yesterday that the customer finally scheduled to pay $182k worth of invoices on one of my accounts. It may just be a drop in the bucket when looking at my total base, but it at least gives me something to go back to the Big Boss Lady with to show her that I don't just sit here and blog all day, every once in awhile I do actually get some stuff done...

I listened to some new music today. Well, new music for me and the blog. This album has actually been out for a while, but I just now got my hands on it. In following up with last week's Roots review of The Tipping Point, I decided to check out another one of their releases, Things Fall Apart. Now, I liked The Tipping Point, but I liked Things Fall Apart much better. It had more of a jazz/funk vibe to the music, which complimented the hip-hop beats and lyrics excellently. Guest artists the likes of Mos Def and Erykah Badu that add a lot of flavor to this album as well. What really shines for me is the Root's true music ability. These guys don’t just rhyme over old samples. This is a real band that plays real instruments and plays them well. Those who try to discount rap by claiming "it's not really music" would do a service to themselves by checking this one out. It just might spark a conversion or two...

(Sass – I’m going to check out Brand New Second Hand for sure now, I’ll let you know what I think)

Finally, on a more personal note, today marks the Mrs. and I's wedding anniversary. Nine years and two kids later she has still stuck with me. Thanks, babe. Happy anniversary.

2 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

i hope you like it dude :)

it's been a really good year for new music for me...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:51:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Thanks, Sass. I liked the other two I've heard, so I'm guessing chances are pretty high that I'll like that one as well.

I agree, this has been a good year for music. Of course most of the really good stuff that I've heard lately has been coming from up your way, so you are much closer to the source than I am...

Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home