Thursday, August 17, 2006

Now I’m Sleeping on the Sand of an Unfamiliar Land and I’m Dreaming Up a Plan to Get You on a Breeze

Thursday. Wow, faithful readers, has this ever been a busy week for me. The good news is that I am going to take a few days off and finally get a bit of a vacation. The bad news is that it seems like strange and unexplainable forces are trying to prevent me form taking said vacation. First, we have planned to go camping for a few days at Great Sand Dunes National Park. We were going to go to Moab, UT, which is one of the coolest places ever, but we are taking the little ones so we decided to change destinations to a place they might enjoy a little more. Who doesn't like playing in the sand? Anyway, after waiting forever to finally go camping again, it appears that the weather is not going to cooperate. There is rain in the forecast for the days we will be gone, so that is literally hanging over our trip right now. I can take a little rain, but I don't want to be stuck off the side of a 4-wheel drive wilderness trail caught in the middle of a monsoon.

If that was it, then I could let it slide. However, last night our 4-wheel drive vehicle decided to stop running. I am pretty sure it is just a broken battery terminal clamp, so I bought the part this morning to do the repair tonight. It won't be that tough of a fix, however, we are about to go driving miles off-road into the wilderness. I don't want to incorrectly diagnose the problem and then find myself stuck with a disabled vehicle out in the middle of nowhere. So, I am crossing my fingers on this one. I am totally pumped to do some camping. It has been a few years since I have been able to go (as opposed to going about once a month for the totality of my adolescence) and I really miss it. Please, unforeseen forces please let the truck drive and the sun shine. I don't ask for much in life but that and being independently wealthy would really help out. Thanks.

I'll be back next week to disclose a full account of the whole adventure. Cross your fingers the phrases "tow truck" and "ripped front axel completely off" are nowhere to be found in that report...

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

the only places my family ever vacations to is san diego and moab. over and over and over.
good luck with the much need vacation!

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

I love Moab. It's been a long time since I've been back there, but I totally dug it, especially Arches NP. Of course, if I went there every summer, I'd probably be craving something new. Kinda like how my annual trip to Minnesota stopped being a vacation long ago...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home