Sunday, April 01, 2007

Like Trying to Hide Daylight from the Sun

Ok, faithful readers, I know I’ve been way behind on getting a post out, but I’ve been really busy with the new job. It’s going really well. Actually, it’s been better than that. I’m super digging it. Sure, it’s only been two weeks but so far this job is WAY better than my old one. Maybe it is still the honeymoon period of doing something new, but this change has been very positive for me. The department I work in is very laid back and I assimilated immediately. I have been told by several of my co-workers that they think I am a “good fit” and one of them even went out of her way to tell me that she was relieved because she was worried that they would hire some kind of “stick in the mud.” What? You mean not all auditors are goofball smart alecks?

Yep, everything so far has been good. It has been more of an ease-in process vs. the “throw you in the fire” training that I’ve had in my past few positions, so that is pretty cool. I did start to finally do some auditing analysis stuff on Friday afternoon, so perhaps I can start getting into the real meat of the job now. That’s another thing I don’t like about starting a new job. You have to depend on people giving you odd tasks to do, or worse, ask other people for something to do instead of just coming in, sitting down, and doing what you need to get done. Eventually it will get to that point and the sooner the better. I hate puppy-dogging people around asking them if they have any busy work for me to do for them. Sure, it helps familiarize me with stuff, but I want to already be familiar with it all. I just don’t like all of that new guy awkwardness.

Ever notice that the word “awkward” actually looks awkward?

Anyway, sorry everyone for waiting two weeks to finally get you all the new job update, but I’m actually trying to make a good impression by not blogging on the clock or anything like that, like I did at my old job. At least not yet… But I’ll try to do better. This blog is probably going to have to take a new direction since I won’t have to blog about how much my job sucks if my job doesn’t actually totally suck. Maybe I’ll go back to blogging about music. People seemed to like that. Have you all procured a copy of the new Modest Mouse yet??? Better get on it, you don’t want to miss out on the MM gush fest sure to take place…

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Congratulations. Awkward is awkward. Who makes up a word with a K sandwiched between w's anyhow?

You give us all hope that we can be the masters of our own lives. I for one have been accepted into the grad program at KCAD and look forward to a terminal degree in a field thats likely to kill me before it pays me. Or kill me and then pay. But nonetheless, change is in the air. Baby boomers move over. Generation X is moving in.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:31:00 AM  
Blogger john said...

Ahh... grad school. Been there before, brother. I wouldn't exactly say it was fun, but I am glad to say it was worth it. It has definitely opened doors for me that were previously locked to me before.

As far as it killing you, though, that may be a good thing as far as an artist's point of view goes. I mean, isn't an artist's work more valuable once the creator has perished from an untimely death? And if true creation comes from suffering, think of all of the suffering that grad school will bring. Wise decision no matter how you look at it.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home