Friday, December 02, 2005

Give Me Everything I Need to Feed My Body and My Soul and I’ll Grow a Little Bigger, Maybe That Can Be My Goal

Friday. Wow. Talk about an unforeseen busy day. I expected things to be relatively low-key today, but instead I have been pretty busy. Nothing crazy, but I've definitely kept active. After answering a far-too-busy phone line for an early Friday morning, I had a teleconference on our strategy for now until the end of the year. Two of my accounts have been targeted, and I have been presented with the challenge of bringing in $760K of old receivables on these two accounts by the end of the month/year. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Right after that I was asked to put together a report that will be seen by a couple of the company VPs (actually, I am pretty sure someone else was asked to put together the report, but the buck just got passed to me). That would have been no problem except that I was given a pretty tight deadline, little instruction, and then the person requesting the spreadsheet took off for lunch. I whipped something together and shot it off, so I sure hope it was ok. Now that's done I can finally get back to working on far more important and pressing things, like updating this blog.

I know I didn't do football picks yesterday so I'll do a quick rundown since there are pretty much only conference championships this week. Tennessee (who is not going to a bowl for the first time in like 17 years) is busy this week firing their offensive staff and hopefully recruiting a more capable QB than Eric Ainge. Colorado State has already locked up their Poinsettia Bowl bid. Georgia and LSU face off for the SEC conference championship. Hmmm. … Well, if it can’t be Tennessee, let’s go with Georgia so at least the east will be represented.

#1 USC takes on #11 UCLA. UCLA is ok, but they have a porous run defense that will have to work pretty hard to stop Heisman hopeful Reggie Bush. #2 Texas takes on an unranked Colorado team who should consider themselves extremely lucky to even be in this game. I not only predict a Texas blow-out, but I will be openly routing for a whoopin' so bad that CU finally sends Gary Barnett packing for good. This goes deeper than just a Rams/Buffs rivalry to me. Gary Barnett is a complete scumbag and blight to the whole state of Colorado. I love football, but no one, not even a football coach for a division I-A program should be above the law or allowed to keep his/her job after the kind of scandals this guy has been involved in. Sorry to go off, but if you are unfamiliar with what has transpired please read this. Or this. Or how about this. And that doesn't even include the recruiting scandals and the soft money laundering from his summer football camp (which he doesn't even bother to show up for).

Well, that turned quickly from a nice talk about college football into a big rant. Let's change gears and discuss professional ball. The Mighty Denver Broncos can possibly wrap up the division with a win over Kansas City this weekend. The boys in orange have their work cut out for them, though, since KC is like 12-0 in December home games, with Denver losing 6 out of 8 of their last games at Arrowhead Stadium. Plus the Chiefs are fighting to stay alive in the playoff race, so I highly doubt they will lay down easy. The good news for the Broncos is that they have the #1 run defense in the league, making it pretty difficult for a running team like KC to gain ground on them. If the Chiefs take it to the air, Eddie Kennison will try to make some big plays on AFC defensive player of the month Champ Bailey. I have plenty to say about that traitor Kennison, but I think one rant per post is enough.

Ok, I listened to Queen on the way into work today. I had a couple of Queen songs in my head and I figured hey, why not. I like Queen, but I've never really considered myself a huge fan or anything. However, since I've started tracking my listening selections on this blog, I've noticed they've come up a couple of times now. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home