Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It May Be years Until the Day My Dreams Will Match Up With My Pay

Tuesday. A pretty busy day considering this is a holiday week. I am currently working on a project to clean up all of our deductions by the end of the year. At first I was free from having to deal with this mess, but I volunteered myself to work on a group of them so I could mediate between two people who can't stand working together. Seriously, we're grown adults but it seems like we're in junior high sometimes. On top of that I am getting slammed with orders, so I have had plenty to do today.

I am still a bit sore from unloading all of those Xmas trees on Sunday, but I am starting to limber up now. I talked to the manager of the lot last night and it looks like I will hopefully be making some green from the greenery by this Friday. I looked up a bunch of Xmas tree trivia on the Internet (yes, there is a surprisingly ample supply of xmas tree trivia on the web) so I can know all of my trees and tree care in time for the big holiday push. Two things I learned about marketing in biz school: know your customers and know your product. At the very least I'll be half-prepared. I'll figure out the rest on the fly.

I listened to a new album today, Let it Die by Feist. Now if you were unfamiliar with that album, you might think that this is some kind of German industrial nihilistic death metal release. This album is actually pretty much the opposite of that. I heard the song Mushaboom on the radio and since it sounded like Billie Holiday, I thought it was a Madeleine Peyroux song that I hadn't heard before. When the DJ said it was Feist, I sampled the album and it piqued my interest. Since it magically appeared on my computer hard drive just in time for my drive this morning, I thought I would give it a trial spin. While several of the tracks do have that jazzy Billie Holiday feel, not all of the songs follow this genre. All the songs are fairly mellow, but several have a kind of electronica background to them. There is even an interesting cover of the Bee Gee's Inside and Out. Overall, I thought this album was pretty good. If you like Madeleine Peyroux and, say, Norah Jones and that variety of female vocalists you should check this one out. If you are into German industrial nihilistic death metal you might want to look somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home