Monday, November 28, 2005

Time is an Arranger, I am a Derangement

Monday. Well, I guess we're back at it after the long holiday weekend. I hope all of your respective Thanksgiving dinners went well. I spent a good part of my long weekend working at the tree lot loading and unloading Xmas trees off of a big semi truck. I haven't done much actual selling of trees (only two) since most of my time has been doing hard manual labor. Thus far I have learned an important life lesson: while this job may bore the complete tar out of me sometimes, I am extremely grateful that I don't have to completely bust my rear end lifting and loading heavy materials for a full-time living. My sincere respect goes out to those who do, because my body seriously hates me right now. So, the moral of the story is stay in school, kids.

Well, the football weekend went ok I guess. The good news is that Tennessee beat Kentucky, continuing the second longest series of domination over a rival school (Notre Dame holds the #1 longest streak over Navy). The bad news is that the Volunteers are ineligible for a bowl game even with the win, so I guess that's the end of the season for my boys in orange. Rest up fellas, you have a whole lotta work to do in the off-season.

Colorado State didn't play, but they did accept an invitation to the inaugural Poinsettia Bowl. I guess that's better than not going to any bowl (see above), but the Poinsettia Bowl???

USC didn't play but I think it is fairly certain they will be seen in the Rose Bowl. #2 Texas defeated Texas A&M pretty handily, and will next take on the Colorado Buffaloes for the Big 12 Championship. Um, the Buffs just got spanked by unranked 14-point underdog Nebraska. They don't stand a chance against the Longhorns.

#3 LSU won a close one over Arkansas, but I don't see them sneaking into the BCS title game with their one loss. Did I mention that their one loss came from Tennessee in one of the few bright spots of the season?

Not too much else happening in college football that wasn't already predictable. So, we'll see how the conference championship games go and then how the BCS shakes out. Get ready for controversy, it's inevitable.

In professional ball, the Broncos won a close one over the Dallas Cowboys in overtime. That was an excellent game, and I'm sure the TV people were well pleased that the game stayed close since it was the Thanksgiving showcase game. The Broncos will now face another tough week as they try to extend their divisional lead over Kansas City in Kansas City. They are also vying for home field advantage during the playoffs, so watch MNF tonight to see if the Steelers can help out by ending the Colt's undefeated streak...

I listened to Bossanova by The Pixies this morning. I needed something to wake me up and get me going after not getting up so early in the morning the past four days or so. I don't know if it completely did the trick. It may be time for another cup of coffee now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home