Monday, November 06, 2006

Come Monday It'll Be All Right...

So, I let another week slip by in between posts. I know I've been really bad lately. I was off of work Wednesday thinking I would get my car back that day, but that turned out to not be the case. I was back at work on Thursday, but that turned out to be such a horrible day that I barely had time to access my blog much less post to it. Friday I was off for my final week of Access training, so I didn't post that day, either, and before I knew it, it had been another week.

I took Wednesday off to be home with my oldest daughter, who didn't have school that day. I had planned on dragging her all around town to pick up my car and to return the rental. However, the mechanic called early that afternoon to tell me that one of the parts that they supposedly overnighted didn't come in so they had to hold the vehicle another day. No problem, I'll just keep on paying for that rental car. Take your time... Actually, the mechanic guy wasn't that bad, but I was really hoping to get my car back. I mean, when you own an elite driving machine like the Kia Rio, it is hard to be away from your baby for too long...

I came into work on Thursday (in the rental car) to find that while I was out IT had taken the liberty to upgrade my computer. Ok, I understand that it has to be done, but I REALLY wish someone would talk to me first before they decide to re-image my hard drive. I lost everything. I lost all of my files and all of my programs. Now, that in itself would be annoying enough, but Thursday is the day that I upload the receivables website. With no files and no programs, that ended up being quite a difficult task. Eventually I was able to recover the majority of my files (they backed up to the wrong location, which prevented them from coming back initially) but my programs were lost forever. Some I was able to re-install, but others I'll never see again. On top of that, my computer has been running goofy ever since. Good thing that all of this technology has made our lives easier, or else I would never be able to handle all of the stress caused from dealing with it.

I finally got my car back Thursday night. After several pushbacks and delays, I was finally able to liberate it from the mechanic as he simultaneously liberated a hefty sum out of my bank account. The repair bill coupled with the two-week car rental charge came out to be quite a significant chunk of change. But now I have a new(er) engine, a new clutch, a new fuel line, a new timing belt, and lots of other replaced and/or repaired items. The only downside is that it cost me over half of what I paid for the car brand new to get it all...

Big congratulations to Kat and her BYU Cougars. I won't diminish BYU's deserved win over my alma mater by lamenting Colorado State's embarrassing downward spiral after such a promising start this season. BYU is playing very well this year and looks to take the MWC. Good job. The University of Tennessee, however, dropped a HUGE game with LSU by letting them score with 8 seconds left. Before the game they were looking to take the SEC and were BCS eligible (perhaps even national contenders). Now... maybe the Citrus Bowl. Lame.

On Friday, I had my last MS Access training class at the local community college. I went off-campus for lunch to avoid being labeled geriatric by members of the student body again. While I successfully survived the seminar without anyone offering me a membership to AARP, I did get a reminder of my mortality later in the evening when my 7-year old daughter beat me for the first time on a video game. I knew the day would come when the student became the master, but so soon???

Bonjour a mes lecteur de France. Merci pour lecture mes blog. Ecrire un reflexion, s'il vous plait. Je interesse en ouie de vous. Oui, Je sais me Francais est terrible...

Well, that's the summary for the past week. Hmmm... maybe this one post a week isn't that bad. It keeps the subjects short and gives me plenty to talk about. Then again, I don't want to keep you guys longing for more Inaction for a whole week at a time. I'll try to at least get two posts out this week. Now I have to find something interesting to do to write about...

2 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

dude your french is terrible.

ou

monsieur, votre francais est terrible.

:)

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hey Sass, don't forget that I'm from the US, where we're not only proud to be able to speak only one language but we are actively trying to pass laws to keep it from ever being otherwise :-)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home