Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Knew Just What to Say, Now I Found Out Today That All the Words Had Slipped Away

Hello faithful readers. Sorry it has been awhile since I last put a post up, but I need to take a break from blogging. It has nothing to do with the last post, and since I recognize that the last post was a pretty down note to end on, I figure I should give you all an update.

Things are actually going quite well. I had a great Thanksgiving, which was an extra long weekend for me since I took time off to be with the girls, who were out of school. The mrs. and I sat down and took a good hard look at the budget and our financial situation and we figure that if we stick with it, we can have a significant portion of our debt paid off by March of 2009, and be able to take a trip to Costa Rica to celebrate the accomplishment. So, that is what we are working towards now. I did have an interview for a part-time job, but alas, they gave the position to someone else. While the extra money would have definitely been nice, perhaps it is for the best right now. As SLG pointed out, it is hard to put a price on the time you get to spend with your family.

So with a plan in place and a goal in mind, I face the next year and a half with a lot of hope that we can finally be where we want to be. In the meantime, I have to take a break from posting. Don’t worry, it’s nothing serious. It just needs to be done. Thank you all for stopping by here as I have truly enjoyed your company. Best of luck to you all.

John

8 Comments:

Blogger Hubris said...

damn... just started reading again...

Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lance said...

Well this sucks. Who will I talk football and babies with? John, you'll be back my friend. Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

Good luck to you and your family. And happy holidays. Stop by my blog anytime.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger kat said...

i'm going to this your sabbatical.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger john said...

Yeah, it's a total bummer. I'm going to miss it for sure, especially the interaction with you all. However, without going into too much detail, I have to make the small sacrifices to ensure the bigger picture stays intact.

Hubris - good luck with your band and following your dream. Remember, our realities are just the collective effects that our actions cause. Keep your actions focused on your pursuit, and soon it will be your reality.

LSD - I sincerely hope all goes well with the little one on its way. The best advice I can give is to just be patient. If you find yourself on the verge of losing it, go outside, take a few deep breaths, and decompress for a few minutes. Because trust me, you are going to be on the verge of losing it. Oh, and if the baby is crazy fussy and just won't stop, vacuum the house. He'll instantly go out like a light, I promise.

Here's hoping the Lions can pull off 4 more wins to make the big Kitna prognostication true. The Broncos still rule, though.

Kat - What??? :-) Thanks for reading when no one else was. By the way, your blog rocks. Hilarious.

Friday, November 30, 2007 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa V said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!

I understand the need to get to real life and tend to it's requirements while the blog simmers on the back burner. I just hope this is temporary?!? Please stop in from time to time in my Small Town and let me know how you're doing, what you're up to... if you can...

Until next time, thanks for being such a great contributor to my thoughts and ideas, and for sharing your experiences with us via Inaction.

As LSD said, you'll be back.

Good luck with your long term plan. It sounds very positive, and very win-win. You will have the present to be with your family and enjoy your non-working time, and in the back of your head, with every financial sacrifice that you make, you will be able to picture one more drink you can afford while taking in the rainforest in a few year's time. Not so bad...

I'll miss you.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 5:28:00 AM  
Blogger sassinak said...

i keep stopping by here to see if you've come back.

hope all is well!

Saturday, March 08, 2008 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

hey Sass-

I keep stopping by to see if I am going to come back, too. So far the answer has been no, unfortunately.

But, all is very well and I hope it is with you, too.

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home