Friday, December 12, 2008

I Took Control of My Life, Just as Anyone Can; And I Want Everyone to See It's in the Palm of Your Hand

This blog is still dead with no current plans for resurrection. However, a lot has happened over the past year so I thought I would at least provide an update.

I now live in Portland, Oregon. I love it here. I loved Colorado, too, but this place definitely rocks.

I am not going to Costa Rica as detailed in the previous post. Instead I am going to London. I still very much want to go to Costa Rica, but London was calling, as they say.

That's it. Life is very good. Now back to the lurking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Holy shit, you posted! It was a short post, but damn it, I loved it. I'm pretty shocked that you moved. Last I heard, there was a new job. You stood up and told a seminar presenter that all the holding hands and Kumbaya shit she was teaching was making you crazy. Then you became a cult hero. But now your in Portland. Your adventure continues. I'm thrilled for you and your family. Keep in touch.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:51:00 AM  
Blogger john said...

Hi LSD, thanks for checking in. Yeah, I'm pretty shocked that we moved myself. But that was kind of the point. I absolutely loved living in Colorado. Colorado is super awesome. However, it was time for a change and Portland offered what we were looking for. So far it has definitely seemed like the right thing to do. This town is way cool. Despite the downturn, I landed a great job with a lot of opportunity. The mrs. was grossly underemployed before and now has a job that she loves and provides the right level of challenge for her. The mountains are here and so is the ocean. I could have lived the rest of my days in Colorado and been happy, no doubt. But we chose adventure, and our lives will be far more enriched because of it. Live for the experiences if you truly want to experience life, I guess.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home