Thursday, July 28, 2005

Yeah, So Roses are Red, I Made Up the Rest...

Thursday. Today is website day. Faithful readers of this blog know that Thursday is my favorite day of the workweek because uploading to the web keeps me busy most of the day. Today will be no exception because I have already run into a problem trying to extract payables data in order to upload the site. About a month ago my employer implemented an automatic virus scan that checks external websites for malware prior to granting access (I personally think this is just a thinly disguised Big Brother program to monitor what sites we're visiting, but that's a different topic all together). Now when I'm trying to get to our customer's payables page it is scanning the page, which causes the page to reload, which triggers another scan, which causes the page to reload, and on and on in a loop. Without this information I cannot proceed with my upload. So, I am trying to work with IT user support to get this taken care of, but I think my definition of "high priority" is a little different to theirs. Mine relates to getting a 8-figure receivables report out to our largest customer (I'm not mentioning names, but let's just say they drive tanks) and theirs relates to getting another bag of Andy Capp Hot Fries and a 'Dew before reading up on more Warcraft cheats. But I pulled in a couple of big dogs to help out, so we'll see how that goes.

I didn't wake up with any songs in my head today, so I tried to think of what I should listen to while I was getting ready. Coincidently (or perhaps not) while I was standing in the shower thinking, I thought of Standing in the Shower Thinking. So, I grabbed Jane's Addiction's Nothing Shocking. I think that J.A. is one of the greatest bands ever, no exaggeration. I mean, when you think about what other music and stuff was coming out in the mid-Eighties to early Nineties, there is no comparison. Jane's was way ahead of its time. Nothing's Shocking from start to finish is a masterpiece. Idiots Rule, Ted Just Admit It, Had a Dad, the radio-friendly Jane Says, and the list goes on and on. Not to mention that living in Colorado provides ample opportunity to play Mountain Song while actually coming down a mountain.

I once read an article that made the claim that all true J.A. fans would say that Three Days (on Ritual De Lo Habitual) is their favorite song, as if this was some sort of litmus test. Well, I feel that I am a pretty big J.A. fan, and Three Days isn't my favorite song. Don't get me wrong, Three Days is mind-meltingly phenomenal, but I prefer Pigs in Zen. I don't know why, but that song just really hits me right every time, especially when it gets to the good part (and those of you who know, know what part I mean...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home