Friday, November 11, 2005

Life is One Big Question When You're Starin' at the Clock

Friday. A good day so far. I found some missing money that I used to pay off and close out an old account, so that was pretty cool. It wasn't the big $$$ that I still need to bring in, but every little bit helps. A lot of the local branch managers are out today, so there is a very relaxed atmosphere today on top of the usual laid-back Fridayness. The Big Boss Lady is here in town, but that's ok, because that let's me touch base and catch up with all of the happenings over at HQ plus she got to witness me finding that money, so now she'll actually think I'm making some progress over here...

I missed yesterday's post. Sorry about that, it has been a rough week for me. Since I didn't do college football picks, I do a quick rundown:

My Tennessee Volunteers are playing Memphis State... I mean University of Memphis. Ok, they've been U of Memphis for over 10 years now, but they'll always be MSU to me. Ok, I know the Vols are having a rough season, but if they lose to the Tigers I'll never watch another UT game again... who am I kidding, of course I will but it would be downright embarrassing if they couldn't put this one away.

After losing out on a chance at the conference title last week, Colorado State has found themselves in a tie for second place. So this means that the Rammies must win against San Diego State and Kat's BYU Cougars must lose to Wyoming (sorry, Kat) because the Cougars hold the tiebreaker over the Rams. So go Rams, boo Cougars!

A crazy week in the SEC: #4 Alabama plays #5 LSU (my pick = 'bama), #9 Georgia plays #15 Auburn (my pick = Auburn), and my least favorite football coach Steve Spurrier's South Carolina takes on his former team the Florida Gators. Who do I despise more, the Gators or their former coach? I am going to pick the Gators to win at this one. At least Urban Meyer was cool when he was at Utah.

Around the league, #1 USC will try to avoid an upset by Cal, #2 Texas will stomp Kansas, and #3 Miami will handle Wake Forrest.

In professional ball, the Denver Broncos are going into the black hole to take on the dreaded Oakland Raiders. For those who don't know, the Raiders are the Broncos' sworn enemies. While the stats would indicate a Bronco advantage, records are meaningless for rivalries. I'm still pretty confident the rested Broncos will take this one. Go big orange!

Ok, that's it. I listened to Sublime this morning to kick my day off right, and it must have done the trick because today thus far has been pretty cool. I probably just jinxed it, though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home