Monday, November 14, 2005

Life is But A Dream...

Well, I'm sure you noticed that I did some changes to the layout over the weekend. As I mentioned about a week or so ago, I am going to teach myself website design starting with HTML. I know a lot of the basic tags, how to link, etc, but my first goal is to create a page display template from scratch. I ordered a book on HTML code, so I am pretty excited about that, but in the meantime I have been playing around with the existing default template just to see the results. What do you all think of the new color scheme?

I didn't do too hot with my football picks over the weekend. Sure, Tennessee won, but they had to come from behind to beat Memphis. They seriously almost lost to Memphis. I can't believe it.

Colorado State blew their chance to become bowl eligible with a loss to San Diego State, and since BYU won their game over Wyoming, the Rams are now no longer even in second place.

I picked Alabama over LSU, but LSU beat the Crimson Tide in OT. Ahhh... I remember early in the season when it was Tennessee beating LSU in overtime... how quickly things change. I also picked Florida over South Carolina, but unfortunately Steve Spurrier got his win over his former team, providing even more padding to his over-inflated ego.

On the flip side, I did successfully predict a USC win over Cal, a Texas blowout over Kansas, and a Miami win over Wake Forrest, so not all turned out badly. Also the mighty Denver Broncos beat their archrival Oakland Raiders in Oakland, so things are definitely going well as far as professional ball is concerned.

My daughter came home the other day and asked me about Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald because she learned about them in music class. Now wait a minute, when I was in first grade I remember singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat in a round (poorly, no less). She's studying Beethoven’s Fur Elise and bebop jazz. Crazy. So, while I would never consider myself a jazz aficionado, I do consider myself a jazz appreciator. I have a small collection of jazz albums (luckily I had some Louis Armstrong for her) and I just picked up some more, since I figure I better get on the ball if she is showing an interest in it. Anyway, this is all just a long segue into why I listened to The Thelonious Monk Quartet with John Coltrane at Carnegie Hall this morning on the way to work. It was excellent; although I have to admit I expected more of a bop-style vs. cool. That's okay, though, because I am cool with cool. I am excited to get back into this wonderful genre; however, it does mean that I will for the most part be lacking clever lyrics to title my postings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home