Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Don’t Think it’s Madder to be a Genius

Tuesday. Not much going on today. In fact, things are rather lame. I just finished my preliminary spreadsheet report for this week's upload and now I plan on doing some more collection work. My vendor database project is pretty much dead, but that's ok. This was pretty much an understood consequence of bringing me back into collections. The Big Boss Lady advised that she was thinking about bringing another person aboard, and if so, may help finish up the project so that is cool. I'd like to get rid of this box of files that has been sitting by my desk for months now.

I listened to Good God's Urge by P0rno for Pyros this morning on the way in. I needed a change up, and I thought this album might do the trick. On Good God's Urge, Perry Ferrell (ex-front man of Jane's Addiction and insane musical genius) explores his more mellow and spiritual side as opposed to the more raw, emotionally powerful releases of Jane's Addiction or even P4P's debut set. Most of the songs have rich, mellow melodies and the album flows together well. 100 Ways is an excellent track, as well as Kimberly Austin, which I personally think is one of the most beautiful love songs ever written. Not all of the tracks are slow, however. The album speeds up in a couple of spots, namely Tahitian Moon and Dogs That Rule the Night. I think this album may have disappointed a lot of hardcore Jane’s fans. I welcome the change. An extraordinary artist like Perry Farrell can't be pigeonholed into just one style or genre. I think he just felt a need to explore other areas of his talent and interests. Growth is always better than stagnation in my book. I recommend this album, but if you don't already have Nothing's Shocking or Ritual De Lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction in your collection, you should probably get those first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home