Monday, November 07, 2005

Let's Ride the Tiger Down River Euphrates

Monday. There hasn't been much going on today. It has been fairly slow. I finished my spreadsheet this morning and then I have worked on some collection issues for the rest of the day. I just got another $55K obligated to pay, which will close out a dead account, so a little bit of success there.

Well, this past weekend was pretty lousy football-wise. Tennessee lost to Notre Dame, so they will have to pretty much sweep the rest of their games if they want to remain bowl eligible. Normally I wouldn't think there would be a problem handling Kentucky and Vanderbilt, but the way this season has been going I wouldn't count on those games as given wins until the final score has been tallied.

Colorado State also blew its chance to take control of the Mountain West. Since for some crazy reason this game was not televised, I didn't get to see it. Apparently turnovers were quite costly for the Rams. The good news is that if the Rammies can take their next games, they will be heading into post-season bowl play. C'mon Rammies!

USC jumped on Stanford early for an easy win. As predicted Texas absolutely crushed Baylor, shutting them out 62-0. Ouch. I predicted the Miami win over Virginia Tech as well. Alabama blanked Mississippi State. The big shocker came from Vanderbilt, who almost beat Florida! Only an interception in OT saved the Gators. Man, would I have loved to see Vandy win that one. Good try, Commodores, good try.

Today I listened to Surfer Rosa by the Pixies. I didn't wake up with anything in particular in my head to listen to, so while flipping through I realized that it had been awhile since I cranked Black Francis & Co. Since I am pressed for time and my feelings for the Pixies are well known on this site I will end for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home