Friday, December 09, 2005

Well, I’m a Freaky Streaker Like Winnie the Pooh, T-Shirt and No Pants and I Dance the Bugaloo

Friday. Yeah! I'm getting a decent amount of things accomplished today. I spent the morning working on collections, then burned through some order approvals, and now I am putting together my post-upload spreadsheet report. Not exactly a goldmine of fun, but, hey, it's what they are paying me to do.

I am probably going to work on the tree lot tonight. Pretty hoppin' way to spend a Friday night, but I skipped out on working the past couple of nights since it was so freaking cold out (below zero temps during the day even) and I need to put in some hours so I make some xmas cash. Friday nights are supposed to be pretty busy, and it has warmed up a bit outside so hopefully I can make some good tips. We'll see, I guess.

As loyal readers know, I like to kick off my Fridays right by listening to something upbeat. I hadn't jammed out on some Beastie Boys in awhile so I grabbed their latest album To the 5 Boroughs. I mentioned this album before here, but it was pretty much a smart aleck review. That was back in the beginning of this blog when I tried to write fresh, absurdist witticisms instead of the same repetitious, boring journal entries that this website has evolved into (for those just tuning in, check back into the archives to see what I mean). I am still holding true to my pledge that radical changes will come once I finally wrap up grad school and can devote more time to designing a new layout. I only have two weeks and two giant papers left and I am done for good! Well, unless I decide to go for my doctorate someday, but I don't even want to think about that right now.

Wasn't I talking about the Beastie Boys? I think I went off on some weird tangent there. Anyway, B-boys great, album good, work ok. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home