Tuesday, December 06, 2005

You Can’t Find Nothing at All If There Was Nothing There All Along

Tuesday. It is snowing like crazy here today. We are also supposed to have a high today of like 14 degrees, so that's a pretty nice winter combo. That is, if you like winter, which I don't. So, right now I am glad to be inside even if it means working on monotonous spreadsheet reports all day.

I forgot to recap the football games yesterday, but here is what you need to know: I not only predicted a Texas blowout over Colorado, but my wishes just may come true. According to the radio this morning, after an embarrassing 70-3 clobbering, the University of Colorado is not only considering to not renew Gary Barnett's contract, but according to the Boulder Daily Camera (sorry you have to subscribe online to link), there may possibly be a new coach in place by their next bowl game (which would be in about 3 weeks). Yee haw! My elation is mildly tempered by the sad fact that this slime ball can be implicated in a recruiting scandal, be involved in six (known) 5exual assaults, found out to be running a slush fund from his football camp, and be tied to several other scandals, and that is ok, but doggone it, when he loses the big game that's the reason he finally gets canned. Don't get me wrong, I love college football, but no one is above the law, including winning football coaches. Good riddance.

Oh, and the Broncos lost a tough one to Kansas City. Unfortunately I missed the game since I was working at the tree lot, but apparently there was at least one play of note. Former Colorado State quarterback and current Denver Broncos backup QB, Bradlee Van Pelt scored a touchdown on his very first NFL play. Way to go BVP!

I listened to Plans, Death Cab for Cutie's new album on the way to work this morning. I've reviewed it before here, so I won't do a repeat. However, I do have to say that the more I listen to this album, the more I like it. It's not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home