Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Calm I Feel Means a Storm is Swelling; There’s No Telling Where it Starts or How it Ends

Wednesday. Sorry everyone for the lack of posting yesterday. I don't often miss a daily post, but yesterday was one of those rare times. I took off most of the morning for a doctor's appointment, and by the time I got back into work I was so slammed that I barely had time to get the work I had to get done finished, much less squeeze in a blog post. Of course, I would have much rather have been blogging, but unfortunately I have yet to find a way to get paid doing that, so I had to choose my regular employment first.

Anyway, I went to an Otolaryngologist yesterday, otherwise known as an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. I've been suffering from sinus problems and an inability to breathe through my nose my whole life, and after a particularly bad sinus infection last month I finally decided to go see someone about it. Well, readers, according to the doctor I am suffering from a multitude of problems (tell me something I don't know...). I have several structural problems including a deviated septum, swollen tissue problems, and an allergy problem that compounds the other two since my sinuses have nowhere to drain. The doctor said he could tell from the shape of my palate that I have been suffering a long time (only my whole life, doc). So, basically I am getting treatment. The doctor wants to first treat me for my allergies for a month to get them under control before he addresses the structural issues. He said once the swelling and inflammation goes down he can get a better idea of what needs to be done. So, right now I am taking some prescription pills and a nasal spray that have been doing nothing for me. I told the doctor that they wouldn't do anything for me, but he insisted, and who am I to resist doctor's orders? Anyway, I go back in about a month to find out more details about the probable surgery I will have to undergo to fix the structural problems. My good friend Lampsidebriefcase has already undergone this procedure, and assures me that "it sucks and recovery sucks but I would do it annually if I had to to keep the results. It is very very very worth the inconvenience." I'll keep you all posted as more on this story develops.

On Light Strikes a Deal’s recommendation the other day, I secured a copy of 10,000 Maniac's MTV Unplugged performance. LSD, you were right. This album is pretty darn good. I enjoyed it immensely. Of course, any album that has a tribute song to Jack Kerouac automatically gets top marks in my book. The set was very tight, and the performance superb. I was lamenting the other day about the absence of Unplugged (and music in general) on MTV and I fully advocate the channel bringing it back. Of course, they would have to show it on MTV 9 or something since it would require actually having a music program on Music Television, but it would still be pretty cool. I think I'm gonna make a few calls...

Anyway, thanks LSD for the recommendation. Readers, I pass on this recommendation to you. This album is pretty good. You should go pick up a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home