Monday, September 11, 2006

Watch in my Pockets, Arms in my Bones; Hear Me Up a Buyers and the Microphone

Monday. Well, another week of non-stop fun begins. I have been busy today mostly with odds and ends. The good news is that I am making headway in my past-due collections. The bad news is that due to glitches in our customer's new computer system, we haven't been paid for a majority of invoices billed since July. So... that pretty much means that I am running in place since today's currents will be tomorrow's past dues fairly quickly.

Last Saturday was Potato Day in Greeley, Colorado. For those of you who don't know Greeley, let's just say that it is the kind of town that I would only visit on Potato Day (overheard sentiment from one college-age female to another: "I had no idea you could have fun in Greeley"). Included with the price of admission is a huge baked potato with all of the fixin's and a full day's fun of potato-related events. The girls even got to have their picture taken with a giant walking potato-person. This was my third Potato Day and a good time was definitely had by all.

This past weekend was definitely a crazy one for college football. First I have to complain that the Tennessee game was not televised. I know what you may be thinking: hey, you live in Colorado, not Tennessee, so of course it wasn't televised. Well, since UT played the Air Force Academy, which is 2 hours away in Colorado Springs, it should have been an in-market game. Totally lame. Anyway, in an excellent example of the paradox of me being a big football fan yet still a complete nerd, I watched the game on my computer's game tracker. It was probably a good thing I didn't see I probably would have had a heart attack watching AFA almost comeback to win in the final seconds only to have their 2-point conversion blocked, handing Tennessee the win. I had no idea this game would be so close. As much as I love my Vols, I have to give props to the AFA. Good job, Cadets.

In other good football news, my alma mater, Colorado State University, defeated in-state rival University of Colorado. As per usual, this game was a close one that came down to wire. As per unusual, CSU actually came out on top this time. For those who said that the new CSU QB was the next Bradlee Van Pelt, I have to completely disagree. Hanie is a far more accurate passer than BVP. Of course, BVP wouldn't have been sacked 6 times, either. Anyway, way to go Rammies! Bragging rights are ours for the next year!

On the flip side of my predictions, I was WAY off on my calls that Texas would take Ohio State and that Penn State would take Notre Dame. What can I say, these things happen. That is why I stress that my predictions are for entertainment purposes only...

In professional news, the Denver Broncos blew their home opener. Hey, it's hard to win when you turn the ball over 5 times. The defense looked spectacular out there, though. Unfortunately the offense couldn't compliment them with even a minuscule effort. Get it together, guys. KC is next week.

I listened to some new music this morning, but I think I am going to save my review until tomorrow since both days will have tunes from the same group and this post is starting to get a little long. Hasta maƱana, mi amigos-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home