Thursday, September 07, 2006

We All Become Important When We Realize Our Goal Should be to Figure Out Our Role Within the Context of the Whole

Thursday. Man, I am really dragging today. I have been sleepy all day and all I can think about is laying my head down on a nice, fluffy pillow and falling asleee....

Huh wah?... Oh, sorry about that... Today is not the day for sleeping anyway because I've got a whole stack of stuff to do, like updating the receivables website and working through the adjustment account (a task I foolishly volunteered for). Right now I am typing this while on a teleconference regarding customer claims and discrepancies. This is certainly not helping me stay awake. Maybe more coffee will help...

You know, some kind soul first thing in the morning sets out coffee filters containing fresh pre-measured coffee grounds ready to go for brewing. When the pot runs out, all you have to do is dump out the basket, put in one of these fresh packets, hit start and everyone is good to go for another round of lovely hot java. But... do you all know how many times I go into the break room looking for a fresh cup of wakeup fuel, that one shiny bright point of every mid-morning that I look so forward to, just to find that some jerk (or jerkette) took the last cup without making a fresh pot?! Seriously, how hard is it to change it out and press start? What, are those 15 seconds so valuable in your day that you have to abandon all common courtesy without thought to your fellow co-workers? As my desk neighbor said after listening to my little rant, "if we can't even count on each other to do the littlest things like that, how do we expect to be able to come together as a team and get our jobs done?" I think you just hit the nail on the head, brother.

Sorry about that little digression, but that kind of stuff really ticks me off. Just like the person who has sat in my chair the past couple of nights after I have left and has re-adjusted all of my settings. Hey, I don't mind if you borrow my chair, but at least put things back the way you found them. I'd rather not have my armrests higher than my ears or my seat so low that my knees hit me in the face when I try to sit down first thing in the morning, thank you.

Man, I just went off on another rant there without even intending too. I must be harboring some kind of internal rage today. That is an interesting combination: physical sloth and mental rage. I'M SUPER TICKED OFF AND I'M NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT CONSIDER TAKING A GOOD NAP!!! At least it isn't the other way around. That could be dangerous. I could end up holding public office if that happened.

I know I have been lame lately with the music discussions, but I assure you all that I am currently in the process of securing more tunes to review. Starting next week I should have some good stuff to talk about, so stay tuned.

Since I promised not to discuss football in this post, you all will just have to wait until tomorrow to see whether or not I am going to pick Tennessee over Air Force Academy this weekend. I know you are all on the edge of your seat so try to hang on. In the meantime I am going to ride out the last hour and twenty minutes of my work day and hope that I wake up enough to make the hour-long commute back home without scraping against the guard rail more than four or five times...

2 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

i hope you made it home okay...

is there a sign? seriously... put up a sign that says "please, if you take the last cup, make a fresh pot.

thank you"

and i swear it will help. make it simple and easy to read with largeish print and put it in direct view of the pot.

g'luck :)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Thanks, Sass. I made it home just fine :-)

No, there is no sign. There is one on the refridgerator about refilling ice cube trays or something like that, but nothing on the coffee maker.

I agree with you that a sign would probably help. That and public humiliation of any individual who fails to heed it...

Friday, September 08, 2006 7:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home