Thursday, November 03, 2005

Words of Love and Words So Leisured, Words of Poisoned Darts of Pleasure

Thursday. Today is website upload day so that is pretty much what I have been working on here. I did get some good news as far as collections go. The customer's A/P report listed several old items that I have been working on getting cleaned up including the $77K that I mentioned yesterday. I am still about a hair away from bringing in an additional $60K, but I think I may have gotten the issue resolved today so hopefully we can get that one paid for as well. Now it's time to work on some of the big dollars...

Since today is Thursday it is time for college football picks!

Tennessee plays #8 Notre Dame this week. My Volunteers have disappointed me this season. Of course, when 7 out of the 10 teams you play are in the top 15 you are bound to have a rough season. The Vols are trying to pick up the pieces, though. The offensive coordinator stepped down and Phil Fulmer himself will be calling the plays this weekend. Will that be enough to beat the well-rested Irish? I sure hope so. I don't really care for Notre Dame. Join a conference, will ya?

The Mountain West Conference title may be decided this weekend when Colorado State takes on #20 TCU. If the Horned Frogs beat the Rams, then they take the conference. The Rams are 1-½ games out of first, so if they defeat TCU and then San Diego next week then they take the MWC. This will be a huge game for sure, so let's go Rammies!

#1 USC will take on Stanford. Unless USC has a complete breakdown (which is quite possible) they should have no problem taking this one.

#2 Texas takes on Baylor. You have to give it up for teams like Baylor and Rice. Every year they take on Texas and every year they get smoked. Yet they still come back the next year for more. Of course none of that will mean anything when Texas blows them out yet again.

Now here's a good game: #3 Virginia Tech vs. #5 Miami. We should see a lot of high flyin' action in this one. I'm expecting a lot of big plays with the Hurricanes coming in on top.

#4 Alabama is playing Mississippi State. This should be no problem for the Crimson Tide. I'm only mentioning it because Alabama is the sole undefeated left in the SEC and I'm counting on them to represent big in the BCS.

And talking about SEC games, Vanderbilt takes on Florida. I would love to see Florida go down to Vanderbilt. C'mon Vandy!

I listened to Franz Ferdinand on the way in to work today. These guys are ok. Their self-titled album got a bunch of rave reviews, and I liked the song Take Me Out on the radio, so I picked up the album (I reviewed it previously here). It's not bad, and it is quite listenable, but I didn't get all crazy over it like some people did. This kind of stuff is in now, though, as evidenced by the success of The Killers, who I think sound just like FF. Franz Ferdinand recently released a new album that I want to check out. Look forward to a review of that one sometime in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home