Friday, October 28, 2005

Living Reflection From a Dream

Friday! Yeah, finally! This week has been dragging for me, despite being fairly busy here at work. Not too much going on today, though. I am currently working on my usual Friday spreadsheet report in which I list all of the items that dropped off of the website this week. Yep, it's about as exciting as it sounds.

For some strange reason ever since I got back from Ohio I have been experiencing these crazy bad headaches. They usually come at the same times every day: first thing in the morning and about 2 in the afternoon. Advil is not much help. I read a story once about a guy who was having bad headaches and went to the doctor's only to find that he had a giant nail imbedded in his brain. I really hope that's not the case here. I can't remember playing with any nail guns lately...

So anyway, I woke up with a bad headache this morning and found myself in quite a dilemma. My usual practice of playing something rockin' on Friday mornings was combating my desire to listen to something easy on my aching brain. I scrolled through the iPod to find something to meet both of those needs and I came across Led Zeppelin III. This is one of those albums that you forget about how amazingly awesome it is until you find yourself listening to it again. It starts off strongly with The Immigrant Song (admittedly a bit overplayed on the radio) and then goes into Friends/Celebration Day. Once you get all worked up on Celebration Day (mama I'm so happy I'm gonna join the band...) the album suddenly shifts into the phenomenally excellent blues number Since I've Been Loving You. Just when you think you are emotionally drained from that track, they kick it back up with Out on the Tiles. By this point, the headache was forgotten and I was singing along. Is there a more rousing Zep tune than Out on the Tiles? Back me up on this one, Billy! The music for Led Zeppelin III was written in an isolated cabin with no electricity, which explains why the second half of the album is pretty much all acoustical. Side 2 includes the beautiful That's the Way, and one of my absolute favorite Zep songs Tangerine. Man, is this a good album. I highly, highly recommend this one. You will not be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home