Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Everything I’ve Been Working for Was Only Worth Nickels and Dimes; But If I Had a Minute for Every Hour that I’ve Wasted, I’d Be Rich in Time

Tuesday. I've had a fairly busy day today. I worked on the website upload spreadsheet for most of the morning, and the rest of the time I've been working on odds and ends. I've also been on the phone with the Big Boss Lady trying to work on an arrangement in which I would fly out to Arkansas (of all places) to attend a series of internal financial seminars in which I would give a presentation on how to do summary billing in our computer system. The logistics of the trip didn't quite match up with what I could do, but I am willing to make it work since the CFO and the VP of Treasury will both be in attendance. It's not very often when a bottom-runger like me gets audience with the executive financial management of a Fortune 500 company.

This morning I listened to Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies for the Film Curious George by Jack Johnson. I know you might be wondering why I am listening to children's music (what's slated for tomorrow, Kidz Bop 9?!), but I think that a lot of people would be surprised to find out how adult-friendly this album actually is. In fact, I think that most of the tracks on this album could easily slip into some of Jack Johnson's other albums without even being noticed. Notable special guests the likes of G.Love and Ben Harper also add to the enjoyment of these tracks. There are a couple of tunes obviously geared for the younger-aged set that center on simple themes like sharing and friendship, but I don't think that's to the album's detriment. A lot of adults could do well by taking the time to revisit some of those themes as well.

Overall, I think that this is a pretty good album and one that can be enjoyed by all ages. I recommend it to the young, the young-at-heart, and the crusty curmudgeons out there in desperate need of learning how to share and make friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home