Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Losing Your Mind for the Sake of Your Heart

Wednesday. I've had more exciting days around here. In fact, I've been so numbed by boredom that I can't even remember what I did today. I vaguely remember approving some large vendor orders, and working on cleaning up some misapplications. The Big Boss Lady has called me a couple of times to go over my biggest account. She wants to step in and use her muscle to get the account moving. I am ok with that because I think that her influence can get spur action, but I also don't want it to look like I am incapable of collecting on this account on my own. I've made a lot of progress on this one. However, I know that she is getting a lot of pressure from the VP of Treasury, so I think that is the key reason for her intervention.

No new music today. I didn't wake up with anything in mind and I was running too late to take the time to peruse my old CDs. So, instead I scrolled the iPod wheel until it hit on Feist, and I thought that would be a decent selection for another snowy drive into work. I've reviewed Feist before here, so I won't retread. However, I would like to point out that I'm fascinated by the fact that Feist used to front a punk rock band before almost permanently damaging her voice. The doctor told her she might never sing again, yet here she is. Her more mellow style is a compromise between the ability to sing and the minimalization of the strain that could prevent said ability to sing. I think she's doing a good job. I think I am going to sample some of her punk releases, though. I'm interested to hear the "before" Feist.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Hey Billy-

Feel free to sing like Page all you want... it was Plant who did the vocals for Zep ;-)

Unfortunately, since I work in an open floor plan w/o cubicals I can't crank my own tunes. I'm sure that there is some theory behind the openness like it fosters unity and comraderie, but to me it just makes it harder to get away with blogging all day instead of actually doing work...

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home