Monday, February 20, 2006

I was Dressed for Success but Success it Never Comes

Monday. Well another week of fun. Today didn't start out too badly. I was able to finally apply a missing payment that took me three days to find. An accounting manager buddy of mine called me last week to elicit my help in finding out where to put some unidentified money. Apparently none of his bookkeepers could figure it out. I almost gave up myself on Friday, but I came in with fresh wheels this morning and finally figured out this conundrum. I guess that's one of my personality traits (or flaws, depending on how you look at it). I have trouble letting go sometimes. The more time and work I invest and the more frustration I experience, the more I "have" to resolve the situation. Sure I probably wasted far more in labor and resources than the payment was worth, but, hey, at least I can finally let my brain rest...

I listened to Pavement's Slanted and Enchanted on the way into work this morning. Now, I know I did a review on this one many months ago and this brings up an unforeseen issue with the recent URL change of this blog. It used to be that if I suspected that I was repeating a review, I could just search back and find it and link it. Or, hypothetically, if a reader of this blog was curious to see if I ever did a review of their favorite artist or band they could see either 20 reviews of Modest Mouse or zero reviews of the Escape Club, depending on the query. I am guessing it is because I lost all of my Google page imprints, because that functionality has now disappeared. Hopefully once this new URL has been around a month or two those pages will come back, but until then I guess I will have to manually scour the archives until I find the review I am looking for. Of course, you too, faithful reader, can dig back into the archives and read up on old reviews but honestly I wouldn't recommend that unless you are really into masochism or have a terrible battle of insomnia that you are trying to overcome.

Anyway, back to Pavement. I found that old link I was looking for, but it took me a little while. That's ok; it was like taking a time machine back into the life of inatorpor42. Ok, so it wasn't nearly that fun, but it was a whole lot better than doing work. Here's that link. My feelings haven't changed. I still like Brighten the Corners better. Slanted and Enchanted is good, but I would recommend picking up Corners first if you are a newcomer to the Pavement sound.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Yeah, that guy stepped right out of a movie set, I swear. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction...

I don't think that there is enough space on this blog to be home to the dog story. About a year ago or so I put a pencil to the paper in an effort to get the infamous tale down in writing. I ended up with about 50 pages, so I got a good start on it, but I ended up stalling out and switched over to another project. I have been really meaning to go back to it (it was one of my New Year's Resolutions), but right now I am juggling about 8 different endeavors (including another writing project) and just haven't returned to it yet. I promise you, Billy, when it gets published you will get a free advance copy from me in the mail. You were one of the first people to hear that yarn, and your support ever since has not gone unnoticed.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home