Friday, February 24, 2006

To the Landlord Living Inside My Head Never Paid my Rent ‘til the Lights Went Dead

Friday. Yeah! I will apologize in advance for the short post today. The Big Boss Lady is in town. The big news that she had to share today is that one of the financial managers is no longer with the company. I asked if she had turned in her resignation, and I was told no and all the Big Boss Lady could say was that she was no longer with the company and the details were confidential. I was pretty shocked since this was a friend of mine whom I talked with often. This was pretty sudden, so something serious must have been going on. I'm wondering if there was some book cookin'...

Anyway there is a vacancy now, but the Big Boss Lady has no current plans to fill it. Until further notice her accounts will be spread out among the existing managers and me. I let the Big Boss Lady know that I was definitely interested if any "opportunities" came up. I have a strong feeling, though, that the only "opportunity" that I'll get is the opportunity to do more work at the same title and level of pay.

I listened to Beck's Guero on the way into work today. I have been having a pretty crummy week and with the Big Boss Lady coming into town I knew I had to pick something fun to start my Friday out right. I have reviewed this album before here, so I'll spare you all the repeat. I have to go now. It is hard to be a slacker when the boss is around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home