Thursday, February 02, 2006

You’ve Got a New Horizon, Its Ephemeral Style; A Melancholy Town Where We Never Smile

Thursday. Another thrilling day around here. I am yet again plagued with another round of ennui at this place. I don't know what it is lately, but I have just felt completely bored and apathetic about everything. Oh well, I am guessing that's the status quo around here. Anyway, I uploaded the website and now I am working on a summary bill. Yee haw.

Today is part 2 of my Gorillaz review. I'll tell you right off that I like Demon Days much better than Gorillaz. This album seemed more consistent than their first release and I simply preferred the songs better. I'm not a huge fan of industrial or electronic music (I prefer the real thing), so I must say I find it hard to embrace the never-ending drum machine. Beyond that, though, I thought that this album was pretty good. A few of the tracks I particularly enjoyed include Feels Good, Inc., All Alone, and Every Planet We Reach is Dead. While I wouldn't compare this album to some of the greats, I did think it was fun to listen to and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind having a computer handle the percussion for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Yeah, I pretty much phoned it in yesterday. I've been in a meloncholy malaise this week. I promise today's post will be full of exuberance!

Tell me more about this Frou Frou. I'm always on the quest for new tunes.

Friday, February 03, 2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home