Friday, April 21, 2006

Everybody’s Got a Little Light Under the Sun

Friday. Yeah! A decent Friday so far. I am juggling a couple of projects today. Right now, by the Big Boss Lady's request, I am writing up some instructions on how to do a certain process in our business operating system. I have had to do a number of these recently. I think I am going to add "technical writer" to my resume under my current job description. I've also had to deal with an unruly vendor who keeps balking at our liability insurance requirements. I had to deal with them about a year ago for pretty much the same issue. Most companies are totally cool with it and realize that the minimal expense they have to drop in order to write this document up will be paid back many times by the size of the orders we will place contingent upon receipt of said document. Other ones, like today's particular vendor, completely flip out about having to spend $100 before we send them a purchase order for like $20 grand in material. I tell them it's this simple: if they don't want our order, we'll go with their competitor who will be more than happy to take our $20k. Just let us know if you don't want our money so we can give it to someone else. I have a customer waiting.

That usually gets the point across. I'm waiting for the faxed copy of their documentation right now. Hard copy to follow.

Well, today is Friday, so (as I say every week) I had to get my weekend started off right with something upbeat. This morning I got my groove on by jamming some Parliament-Funkadelic down my earhole. You all may not know this, but despite my outwards appearance of being an ordinary, mild-mannered receivables accountant I am actually one funky brother (and not just on days I don't take a shower). Be it P-Funk, the Meters, Curtis Mayfield, the Spinners, the Gap Band, James Brown, Pat Boone, or any number of other funksters, I have been known to get down with the funky sound. So despite a tanker truck laying over spilling its contents all over the southbound interstate headed into Denver this morning, I was too busy tearing the roof off the sucka to care. The bigger the headache, the bigger the pill as Dr. Funkenstein would say. Anyway, the mission of kicking off my Friday was definitely accomplished by getting up with the downstroke and just lettin' it ride. Parliament-Funkadelic was an excellent choice this morning, and I highly recommend them to any one else who likes to get funked up.

Ok everybody, ring out! Who are your picks for best Friday/pump up/good time tunes? Comment below!

3 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

dude your list is incomplete.

you failed to mention rick james
wild cherry
superfly dude!

Friday, April 21, 2006 4:31:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Oh, don't worry, Sass, I have both Rick James and Wild Cherry in my collection. Trust me, that was just an abbreviated list...

Friday, April 21, 2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger sassinak said...

all right, just checking

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home