Friday, May 19, 2006

I’m Thinking About Power: The Ways a Man Could Use It or Be Destroyed by It

Friday. Yeah! Well, today has been a busy day to end a busy week, but at least it's almost over. I have spent most of my day cleaning up all of the piddly stuff I couldn't get to the rest of the week when I was trying to take care of all of the big things that came up. I also spent a good chunk of time trying to help out this guy in Texas by customizing his software layout for him. I could do it, but for some reason it wouldn't let me make it available for other user IDs to use. Other people here can, but for some reason I cannot. So... I called our always-reliable user support line to ask how I can change my settings to be able to do it and the extremely informative answer I got was "oh wow, I really don't know." Now I don't know, but I don't exactly feel comfortable knowing that I can so easily stump the IT person whose sole job it is to answer questions like the one I just asked. At least throw out a BS answer that goes over my head so I can at least think you know what you are talking about. This just adds onto the steadily growing pile of evidence that I have accumulated that has brought me to the conclusion that our help desk is completely inept and clueless. No wonder the Big Boss Lady asked me, Johnny Financial, to help out Tex instead of having him call them. Jeesh.

I woke up in kind of a bad mood this morning. I am pretty sure it was a carryover from a foul mood I was in last night from unsuccessfully repairing my sprinkler system. I'm the kind of guy who gets really bothered by not being able to resolve a problem. I can get extremely persistent. However, when it became apparent that I wasn't going to fix it last night, I had to put it aside, as much as I didn't want to. So, I woke up still frustrated this morning so I knew I had to pick out some Friday tunes that not only got my weekend started off right, but also could exorcise these demons of vexation. My choice: Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction.

I love Jane's Addiction. They're up there as one of my favorite bands (along with the countless others of my "favorite bands"). However, of all of these favorite bands, I never got the chance to see Jane's in concert. Totally lame. Anyway, I totally rocked out on the way in to work and allowed myself to exert the pent up frustration that I had swallowed down the night before. If you've ever been completely ticked off and cranked Pigs in Zen, then you know exactly what I mean. Idiots Rule provided an excellently appropriate backdrop to the north Denver traffic as well. This whole album is good. It's usually a tough call to chose between Nothing's Shocking and Ritual De Lo Habitual as the better album, but today there was no doubt. By the time I pulled into the parking lot I was ready to go. Friday had been saved.

4 Comments:

Blogger sassinak said...

nothing's shocking over ritual hands down. if for nothing else but the wonder that is jane says!

:)

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

I know, but Ritual has Three Days on it, which the mere strength of that tune alone would keep it in the running even if the rest of the tracks on the album only contained Perry Ferrell and Dave Navarro making armpit noises...

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:39:00 PM  
Blogger kat said...

amen. um... amen to the coolness of the album. not to the armpit noises.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Yes, I agree, Kat, 9 tracks of armpit noises would not exactly garnish an "amen" from me, either, but if that hypothetical album had Three Days on it, I'm throwing down my money for sure.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home