Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Got the Skills of Titanium, Straight to the Cranium

Thursday. Well this morning kind of sucked, but I think it is all over now. For the past three weeks or so the information on our receivables website (of which I am responsible for maintaining) has been insufficient. This has not been due to anything on our part, but due to the customer changing without notice the internet applications from which we gather this information. So basically, they change, they don't tell us, and then they get upset at us for not having accurate, updated information. As a result I have been scrambling the past few days trying to get this database macro to correctly compile all of the correct information. I couldn't get it, so I elicited the help of a former data manager contact of mine, who now works in a completely different department. Very luckily she was able to adjust the macro to the new data format, and so (with fingers crossed) the website should be correct tomorrow after it uploads. If not, I am sure I will get a ton of scathing calls and emails, but I won't be there to have to endure them. I have the day off tomorrow (yeah!). I have a birthday coming up, so I am taking a 3-day weekend to celebrate. I am very much looking forward to it. Just as a head's up, since I won't be here, there will in most likelihood not be a post tomorrow. I know, it's hard to take such distressing news, but don't worry, I'll be back the following Monday.

This morning I listened to White People, Handsome Boy Modeling School's second album (please see yesterday's post). I think the reviews were right about the first album being better. That doesn't mean that this album was bad, it was just a little bit less consistent than its predecessor. As I mentioned yesterday, guest artists provide pretty much all of the vocals for HBMS. White People again has a wide variety of cameos, with the most interesting to me being Cat Power singing along to a hip hop back track. It is most definitely Cat Power, but in a style in which I had never heard her recorded in before. Also on this album is the remix of Jack Johnson's Breakdown, which I discussed yesterday. If you like Mr. Johnson's other work, definitely check this track out. It's pretty cool. It's not too overdone, but adds just enough to give it some extra flavor.

Overall I thought this album was ok. I recommend it based on the strength of the good tracks and decent sound throughout. Although it has some good tunes, it isn't as solid as the first HBMS album. I agree with the reviews, if you are thinking about getting this album, perhaps get the first one beforehand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home