Friday, June 30, 2006

Quit School, Don’t Work, Livin’ Out the Music de Punk; If I Could Do it So Could Anyone

Friday. Today has been a relaxing day actually. It is the end of the month, so none of the transactions I put in today will probably make it into the system in time for it to count for my June reports, especially with the holiday coming up next week. For all of my non-US readers, this holiday is for our Independence Day in which we salute our country's greatness by blowing a lot of stuff up. This year my parents are coming in town for the big July 4th week. Actually they get into town Sunday and will stay through Saturday. This is actually a good time for them to come since I will have the 4th off, and then I will be getting my surgery done on Friday. Yep, one week from today. I admit I'm getting nervous. Not nervous in the "chickening out" sort of way, but in the "anxious just get it over with" sort of way. Plus I'm not too keen on the whole recovery bit. But I am totally pumped for the results, so I will just deal with it. Anyway, the parental units will get a good opportunity to spend quality time with their grandkids while I am getting my nose broken so it works out well for everyone.

Since today is Friday and I needed something rockin' I went with NOFX. I know, I rant here from time to time against top-40 pop bands who call themselves "punk" just because they have their ears pierced and a couple of tattoos. However, I don't consider NOFX in that group. Sure, they don't play hardcore thrash punk, but they are still pretty darn good. Plus, their lyrics are hilarious (and if you aren't careful you might catch a social message or two in there as well). I wrote a previous post on NOFX here if you want to check it out. Otherwise I'm checking out for now. Sorry for the short post, but it's Friday and I'm going home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home