Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Opinion on Someone Else's Opinion

Thursday. Sorry for the missed post yesterday but I had a big paper due last night and I used every free chance I got to work on it. The paper didn't turn out that well, but it is done so I guess that's something. This past week has been pretty rough sleep-wise, but I now get about two weeks off before the next quarter starts so hopefully I can catch up. But today I have to sleepwalk in a brain dead haze so hopefully since I actually have stuff to do today I can manage to hang on to consciousness (or some semblance thereof).

Today's musical selection was The Shins. They are very mellow and melodic (mellowdic?). If you have seen the movie Garden State then you heard them. They were featured in the soundtrack. I thought that movie was pretty good. I've liked Natalie Portman since she was in The Professional. That sounds kind of creepy, doesn't it? Let's move on.

Yesterday's music selection was Pavement Slanted and Enchanted. Spin magazine recently named this album as one of the most relevant albums in the past 20 years. Have you seen this list? I have many issues with it, but hey, this is the same magazine a few years back that claimed The Ramones were the most influential band of all time. Don't get me wrong, I love the Ramones. But more influential than the Beatles? Elvis? The Rolling Stones? Led Zeppelin? Jimi Hendrix? I wonder who is making these lists. Of course, this is just person's (or group of people's) opinion so it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Who am I to bash opinion making? I am posting my own opinion as we speak for Pete's sake.

By the way, my opinion is that Pavement's Brighten the Corners is a better album than Slanted and Enchanted. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home