Monday, July 11, 2005

Ramonamania

Monday. Man I have been busy today, especially for a Monday. No complaints here, though. Busy is good. Definitely makes the day go by faster. I have been on teleconferences all day as well. Since all my co-workers reside in St. Louis, every time we hold a meeting I link on via telephone. That's usually no problem, but after a couple of hours of holding the phone receiver to my ear, it starts to melt onto my head. The plus side to that, I guess, is that it is easier to type with both hands free.

Today I listened to the Ramones on the way in to work. These guys are great. Although I disagree with Spin magazine naming them the number one most influential band of all time a while back, I cannot deny that they have had a very strong influence on the music scene. In fact all of these so-called "punk" bands that are on the scene now (I'm talking to you Good Charlotte and Blink 182) should have to give up 10% of all of their earnings to the Ramones because without them they wouldn't even be around. Even Green Day's new song American Idiot was so derivative I actually thought it was the Ramones on the radio when I first heard it. However, I knew it couldn't be them due to the mysterious curse that has plagued the band and has caused the untimely death of 3 of the band's members. Creepy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home