Friday, June 24, 2005

Twitching for the Weekend

Friday. No complaints about that. I got an ok night's sleep last night, but I can really use the weekend to catch up on all of the sleep I lost this week when I was up late doing school work. I woke up with this weird twitching on the bottom of my foot, though, like some kind of muscle spasm or something. That would be annoying enough, but because my feet are super sensitive every time it twitches it sends a crazy ticklish sensation across the bottom of my foot. It has been doing this straight for at least 5 hours now and I really wish it would stop. It made it really difficult to drive in this morning since it is my right foot giving me the problem. I tried looking up online about it, but all it said was that muscle twitches are usually a sign of stress. Um... I finished my term papers Wednesday night. Stress is over dude. I don't know what the deal is. Very strange.

Music for the drive in: The Mars Volta. Someone at Mrs. darthjohn42's work let her borrow three CD's for her to listen to and try out. So, coincidently the songs from those three albums appeared on my iPod and I was checking out the first one today. I had heard of The Mars Volta before since I guess they are one of the new hot groups that all of the hip kids are listening to nowadays. They were, um... different. I didn't get an immediate attraction to their music, but I wouldn't say they were bad. They had a lot of electronica sounds in their music and had kind of a Goth feel. However, instead of an annoying whiny voice or a super deep depressing voice like most Goth bands, this group had a guy that reminded me of Rodney James Dio. I kept picturing the lead singer as a guy in tight red leather pants, a billowy shirt, long permed '80's hair and a bandana every time he shrieked a vocal. I highly doubt that was the vision they were trying to express with their music. But, hey, that's just my initial impression. I am sure you can find samples of them on the internet if you want to hear it for yourself.

I have never heard of the other two groups. I looked up one on the internet and many of the reviews compared them to Radiohead. Now I know everyone loves Radiohead, but I can't stand them. They are one of the few groups that I would rather crash my car trying to turn the radio station then have my ears bleed from hearing too much of one of their songs. So, I am not holding out much hope for liking that one but it will get its fair shot. I'll keep you posted.

Apparently the owner of these CD's must be into Goth music or something. I am going to have to ask Mrs. darthjohn42 if she happens to wear white face makeup and black lipstick. Do they have a "no-spiked dog collar policy" at her work? Not that there is anything wrong with being Goth, it just helps to know in general where a person is coming from in order to understand their appreciation in music. For example if someone is really into self-abuse, it can explain a lot why they listen to Jackyl...


Disclaimer: darthjohn42 once saw Jackyl in concert. To his defense they were just the opening band. Yes, they did play the chainsaw on stage.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

I believe it was Aerosmith. I saw them with my cousins.

Monday, June 27, 2005 3:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home