Friday, July 01, 2005

Half Days and Holidays

Friday. Yeah! Today I am only working a half-day, so I am pretty excited about that. Of course, that means I will have to really crank it out to get my spreadsheets done in time, but a sacrifice I am more than willing to make to leave here early. This morning I listed to Built to Spill's Ancient Melodies of the Future. I woke up this morning with a song from that album in my head and so I saw it as a sign to choose that one for my morning listening enjoyment. I have three albums by Built to Spill and this one is my favorite. I like them all, but I would recommend getting this one first though most people seem to think Keep it Like a Secret is their best one. I guess it's all subjective.

This weekend we will be celebrating America's birthday. No, not the 70's rock band that sang Horse With No Name, but the nation in which we live. I think everyone should take some time this weekend to reflect on the rights and privileges we have that makes this country great. Namely grilling out, drinking beer and watching things explode. Have a good Independence Day everybody!

(Do they have a fourth of July in Great Britain?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home