Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I Intentionally Wrote it Out to be an Illegible Mess

Tuesday. I have actually been pretty busy today (hence the late post). I have a big spreadsheet report that goes out on Tuesday, so I've been working on that today. Along with that I have had to do a lot of work approving orders and supplier requests now that I've gotten back into the actual receivables side of things again. Not exactly Earth-shattering excitement, but if it keeps me busy then I really have no complaints.

I listened to The Photo Album by Death Cab for Cutie this morning on the way to work. I really enjoy DCfC's album Transatlanticism, so I obtained this one to expand my knowledge of this band. Although I liked the album, it is not as good as Transatlanticism. This album came first, so maybe they hadn't come into their own yet. The style is similar to what I have heard before, so there was no real surprise there. Maybe that is what the difference is. None of the tracks really stood out for me. Again, it's not that the album was bad; it just didn't overwhelm me or rattle my universe or anything. Incidentally, I did learn that the lead singer/songwriter for DCfC writes his lyrics in complete, grammatically correct sentences. That has to be hard when trying to match up the words to the music. I'm surprised it doesn't all come out a jumbled mess. People around here have problems writing grammatically correct sentences when composing a simple email. I have to give some serious props for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home