Friday, August 19, 2005

So Many Questions I Can't Tell the Difference, Too Many Abstract Thoughts Now Wrestle in My Mind

Friday. Yeah! Lots of spreadsheet work today. Not much of a surprise there. We are still researching discrepancies, so once again I am having tons of fun with that task.

It was suggested to me after watching a guy being interviewed on MSNBC regarding his "restroom blog" (scroll down about halfway) that I need to come up with some kind of gimmick to increase readership of this website. However, from the beginning this blog was created with one focus and a strict structure. This blog details my boredom at work, and the structure dictates that I must describe what I am doing each day (to demonstrate the source of my ennui) and what selection of music I chose to listen to during my one-hour commute each morning (and why I selected it). If I have something else on my mind I may include that as extra. This focus has worked well so far, and provides me with a steady source of material to cover every day. I realize that this may be boring to some people, but I believe I already covered that early on in my disclaimer here. To do a change up now could fundamentally alter the nature of this blog and I don't know if I want to risk that. I have thought about the idea of starting another blog that would have a different approach. Instead of being a journal-type format, it would just pose crazy questions or odd things like that to try to elicit responses. I would just link the blogs together, hoping that would increase the readership of both of them. Of course, that would double my maintenance work. What do you all think? Please post your comments, ideas, and suggestions below.

This morning I listened to About Time by Pennywise. Pennywise is a So-Cal punk band. Faithful readers know that I like to get things started right on Fridays by selecting fast-tempo music, and today I was not disappointed. I first became aware of Pennywise during Sublime's heyday. That's not to say that the two bands sound anything alike, but they did hail from the same area and traveled in the same circles so I got wind of them by association. Pennywise recently appeared on the Sublime tribute album that I reviewed earlier this week, which is what put them in mind for today's selection. These guys play straight punk on this album, no thrash, no ska, none of that poppy junk they call punk on top-40 radio. As the title suggests, most of these songs are "about time." Now this may seem like a depressing topic to dedicate a whole album to, but actually the lyrics tend to be optimistic in nature. If you like punk rock and you haven't heard these guys, check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home