Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I’m Looking in on the Good Life I Might be Doomed Never to Find

Wednesday. I am having another busy day here and that is fine by me. The busier I am the less time I spend staring blankly at my computer screen counting down the time until I can leave.

I listened to Oh, Inverted World by The Shins this morning. They are another mellow alternative rock-type group (I dubbed this genre "melaltro" here) similar to what I have been listening to a lot of lately: Built to Spill, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, etc. I believe I mentioned this in a previous post, but you may recognize The Shins from the movie Garden State. They played Natalie Portman's stunt doubles. No, no, no. They have a couple songs on the sound track, and if you remember the general mood of that movie then you can understand the despondent, melodic tone of this album. I would recommend them for a mellow evening at home or for a long, brainless commute to work at six in the morning. I wouldn't recommend them to get the party started, however, unless people who attend your parties tend to take a lot of ’ludes. Tracks of note: New Slang (of course) and Know Your Onion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home