Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Standing on the Side of the Road, Rain Falling on my Shoes

Wednesday. I was late in to work today. Not because I overslept or I took off time to go do something fun, but because I was sitting waiting for my car to be repaired. You see, faithful readers, a most unfortunate incident happened to me on my way home from work yesterday. As I was traveling northbound on the interstate on my way home last night, what appeared to be a piece of 4x4 lumber bounced out of the bed of the pickup truck in front of me. I ended up hitting this road obstruction immediately, blowing out my front right tire and bending the rim beyond repair. I wobbled home on the spare, and despite my efforts to locate a tire shop still open, they had all had closed for the evening. So, I had to get up this morning to have my vehicle fitted with a new rim and tires. No, I did not get Sprewell Spinning Rims, but whatever they had for the standard line (I did get some new, shiny hubcaps, though. Sweeeet). Either way, I much rather had spent the money on something else. You know, like a new radio transmitter for my iPod
or something.

Sorry, kids, but with all of the confusion and disruption of my normal morning schedule I forgot to grab music to listen to this morning, so I had to listen to the (gulp) radio on the way to work. It wasn't too bad, but I am still sticking with my anti-Clear Channel dominance stance. Just assume I grabbed something that I think is "pretty good" that has rockin' tunes on it and I used words like "awesome" and "phenomenal" to describe them. That should cover things until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home