Friday, August 05, 2005

I’m Kicking the Plan Before the Plan Kicks Me

Friday. Yeah! I already finished one spreadsheet report I am supposed to do today. I pushed to finish it up quickly because the Big Boss Lady advised me yesterday that they would need my labor resources to work on a high-priority project that had to get out the door right away. So, here I am waiting and so far nothing. I emailed people, but no response. So, that was a complete waste of effort to crank out that other project. Now I am sitting here with nothing to do except more vendor database entries. Yee-haw!

I think the batteries on my desk clock are dying. It says it is 5:25. So, either I am way early or I should have left a long time ago. I am in favor of the latter. See you all later...

Wait... no one else is leaving... I guess I have to stay. Today I listened to Get Born by Jet. I chose this album because it has some rockin' tunes on it and I needed something rockin' to get my Friday started right. This album has several upbeat tracks on it, including Get Me Outta Here, Cold Hard B****, and the admittedly overplayed Are You Gonna Be My Girl. However, there are some noticeable slow spots on this album. Now anyone who has ever seen this cinematic masterpiece knows that there is a theory put forth that every band puts out at least one (w)ussy song so they can find out who the (derogatory term) are (this is otherwise known as the "Blue Oyster Cult Phenomenon"). However, even with this theory applied there are still several tunes of this nature on this album. What kind of band is this? I don't want to think I am listening to some rockin' band and find out I am listening to the next one of these lame guys. I guess this answer will be determined by the direction the next album takes.

Also, apparently there is a bit of a controversy regarding this band with people accusing them of ripping off The Beatles. The band openly admits that they are derivative, but their adversaries suggest that this is straight-out theft. The evidence: compare the album covers of Get Born and The Beatles' Revolver. Also, the Jet song Look What You've Done sounds a whole lot like Sexy Sadie from The White Album, complete with the "you've made a fool of every one" lyric included. Hmmm... I do think there may be something there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home