Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday's On the Phone To Me

Tuesday. A co-worker told me yesterday that she thought Tuesday was the worst day of the week. According to her, on Monday most people have resigned to the fact that you have to get up and go back to work, etc., and can deal with it. However, on Tuesdays you are still in the beginning of the week, the past weekend has already worn off and the next one is still four days away. At least on Wednesdays you are getting over the hump and on Thursdays you are practically almost to Friday. Tuesdays are an island of misery all their own. Hmmm... Very interesting.

I am doing spreadsheets to get ready for the website upload on Thursday. I am getting added fun today because due to a system glitch a whole bunch of invoices haven't EDI'd over the course of several months, so guess who gets to manually add them in? I feel so lucky.

I listened to The Beatles' Abbey Road this morning. While the whole album is great, the second half is what I really dig. The whole series of songs from You Never Give Me Your Money to The End just flow amazingly. And while Ringo once said that Rain showcased his best drumming, I prefer his solo after Carry That Weight (some of you out there might recognize that sample from the Beastie Boys' Sounds of Science). Also, a bit of Beatle trivia for you all: Did you know that Come Together was originally slated as the theme for Timothy Leary's California gubernatorial campaign? I could also continue on with all of the “Paul is Dead” clues on this album, but I will spare you all (for now).

This album also has special meaning to me because it is the namesake of my second daughter. I already detailed here about how we named our first daughter Cassidy Lane. Well, when my wife and I were coming up with names for our second child, the name Abigail came up. I then joked that we could name her Abbey Road and then we could have two daughters named after streets (Cassidy Lane and Abbey Road, ha ha). The name stuck and now little Abbey Road is three and half years old. Sure, someday she might despise us for giving her that name, but I figure all teens hate their parents and at least this way we will be giving her something to focus her anger on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home