Thursday, August 04, 2005

You Want to be Free? Then Don't Speak Like a Slave to Me

Thursday. Today is website day. Well, last Thursday was completely lame so let's hope today goes a little better. So far, all signs are pointing that this will not be the case. We are getting some pretty heavy storms this morning that are apparently making everyone forget how to drive. I mean, what is the deal people? We don't live on Arrakis; we've all seen rain before so let's get a move on. It ended up taking me just under an hour to go the last 7 miles of my commute. Pretty sweet. Luckily, the big boss lady is very good to me and was quite understanding. Unfortunately the same does not go for branch management, who frown heavily on the slightest late arrival regardless of reason. However, I don't work for the branch I work for corporate so as long as the big boss lady is cool, I'm cool.

Today I listened to The Black Crowes on the way in. Due to the situation detailed above, I actually got to listen to them twice. I really like the Black Crowes. A lot of people might ask "Are they still around?" in which I would answer with an emphatic "Yes!" Those unfamiliar might think due to the scarcity of Crowes tunes on the radio that they came out with a couple of songs in '89 then faded away. However they have been consistently putting out quality tunes since then, not to mention touring. I have seen the Crowes in concert twice, and while both shows were absolutely phenomenal, I consider one of them to be one of the best shows I've ever seen (and I've been to a fair amount of shows). And despite her good looks, I would probably be more excited to meet Chris Robinson, honestly.

I chose The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion to listen to because I feel it is the Crowes' best album and I needed something powerful to kick off my Thursday right and avoid a repeat of last week. Although it couldn't keep me out of a traffic jam, I do think it at least made it a little more tolerable. The rousing My Morning Song just may be my favorite Crowes song. Other great tracks include Bad Luck Blue Eyes, Sometimes Salvation and a cover of Bob Marley's Time Will Tell. I also have a good concert story about Remedy, but due to space and content restrictions I cannot relay it here.

In other news, today is Repunzelgirl’s birthday, so I wanted to give her a quick shout out. Happy Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home