Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I Know that Someday Everything I Needed and I Wanted Used to be that My Head was Haunted

Tuesday. Another busy day. I am currently working on a preliminary spreadsheet listing all of the open items scheduled to uploaded onto the website Thursday. Trust me, it's as exciting as it sounds. In the meantime, I am approving orders for non-approved suppliers and trying to secure their product liability insurance to make sure we don't get our pants sued off when their product maims a bunch of innocent people. Ok, that was a bit drastic, but you get the idea.

Despite another hectic day, I am in a super good mood. Why, you ask? Because I saw one of the greatest football games I have ever seen last night. Trust me, I could write a mile-long entry describing this game, but to keep it short, I will just say that my beloved University of Tennessee Volunteers came back from a 21-0 deficit(and one of the worst performances I have ever seen) to beat Louisiana State University in overtime. An added twist to the story: former LSU quarterback and UT transfer Rick Clausen came off the bench to lead the Vols to victory. It was an absolutely amazing game and one that will go down in SEC history.

Of course, no one here saw the game so I couldn't share my elation with my fellow co-workers. They were all watching the Denver Broncos easily defeat the KC Chiefs on Monday Night Football (I do work in Denver, after all). Hey, I'm happy that the Broncos won, but they all missed a much better game on the other channel.

In other football news, I pretty much swept the board with my football picks this week. My alma mater, Colorado State, secured their first win of the season against Nevada, Virginia Tech easily handled Georgia Tech, and USC won yet again over Oregon. Oh, and Vanderbilt won again, now making them 4-0. I can't believe it.

Today I listened to Trompe Le Monde by The Pixies. I know, I know. More Pixies. I can't help it, I'm on a serious Pixies kick right now and I can't get enough. I'll try to change it up tomorrow. In the meantime, let's talk Pixies.

I had heard that Trompe Le Monde was the weakest of the Pixies' albums. This was their last album together, tensions were high, and the band would soon break up shortly after. Once again, Kim Deal's songs and vocals are mysteriously missing from this album (she was forming The Breeders during this time as an outlet). I have to admit the album didn't really grab me at first. I was beginning to see the reasons behind people's disparagement. Yet, somewhere around the fourth or fifth song, things started to change. This album was getting pretty good. After a slow start, I was really starting to enjoy this one. Sure, it's no Doolittle or Surfer Rosa, but it is still pretty good. I'm guessing after a few more listens, I'll appreciate it even more. Recommended tracks: Head On, Palace of the Brine, and Motorway to Roswell.

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

this weekend i watched my alma mater lose 51-50 in overtime.
i don't want to talk about it.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

BYU alum, I take it? I think we play each other in a couple of weeks...

Friday, September 30, 2005 11:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home