Monday, September 26, 2005

I've Seen the End of the Day Come Too Late

Monday. Another busy day for me. Orders keep coming in while my sanity slowly drains away. Oh well, that's the risk you have to manage working in risk management. See, I am obviously being overworked if I thought that was going to be funny.

I listened to Sea Change by Beck this morning. I was looking for something mellow, and boy, did I get it. This is not the funky Beck you may have heard in the past. I mean, even Mutations had a couple of faster tempo tracks. I read somewhere once that this album came out right after Beck broke up with his long-time girlfriend, and this was his way of expressing his emotions over the ordeal. With songs named Lonesome Tears and Lost Cause, along with the overall somber mood of this release, I could definitely see it. They say suffering artists produce the best work, but honestly I prefer Beck's happier stuff. That sounds selfish, doesn't it? Beck, you can't be sad because I want you to only write the happy songs that I like. Anyway, I still stand by my proclamation that Beck is the greatest artist of my generation, but I wouldn't recommend playing this album at your next wedding reception or bar mitzvah party.
I'll review my football picks tomorrow since both UT and the Broncos play tonight (no, not against each other).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home