Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Laugh Hard, It's a Long Way to the Bank

Tuesday. It has been a busy day so far. I am working on spreadsheet reports and trying to crank out order approvals as they come in. Tons of fun. It doesn't help that I am dead tired today because I was up late writing a final paper for one of my grad classes. It wasn't a good paper, but at least it is finished. Now I get to enjoy two weeks off. Sweet! Only one more quarter left after this and I will be done and graduated. That's when the big bucks come, right? Right? Please tell me "right"...

Anyway I was too brain dead this morning to think of an album to review, so I just went with the old standby, The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse. Sorry everyone if you expected to read a startling refreshing review of an indie rock album. First, if that is what you are looking for what are you doing here? Go to Pitchfork Media or something. Second, it has been awhile since I have listened to some MM and I really needed it this morning. Even after a brief hiatus, I still find this album absolutely phenomenal and enjoyed it thoroughly.

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

you never need to apologize for listening to modest mouse.
and i'm sure the paper you wrote was great.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger john said...

Thanks, Kat. I do a lot of gushing over MM on this site so I was just apologizing for the repetition. I generally try to review a new band/album every day but sometimes I just need to revist some old standby favorites, especially the day after writing a term paper.

(Figures. The first comment back I get in weeks and it is on the lamest, grumpiest post I've done in a month)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home