Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm Going Nowhere, But I'm Guaranteed to be Late

Thursday. Today has been a busy day. First, it is website upload day today, so I spent the morning working on uploading the database. That is always guaranteed fun. As far as I know everything went ok, I guess I'll find out tomorrow after everything updates overnight. After that I had to submit treasury reports explaining to the big boss lady and the VP of Treasury why I have large outstanding balances hanging on my accounts. Um, I just got these accounts six weeks ago. Yet I get the heat for it? I guess it would be better if I made greater inroads on more than one of the listed accounts, but oh well. Give me time.

Well, since it is Thursday it is time for college football picks!

Tennessee plays LSU this week in what I consider the biggest game in college football this week. I'm not just saying this because I'm a UT fan, either. Tennessee was #3 before dropping a hugely disappointing loss to conference rival Florida last week. Now LSU is #3 and it is time for the Vols to get their spot back. Unfortunately, it will be an uphill battle for the Vols. First, LSU is pretty dang good. Second, it is at LSU. Third, LSU just came off a bye week. Finally, we have to put in the psychological factor of UT losing a rough one last week in Florida. Who came up with this schedule anyway? Florida then LSU back-to-back? Jeez... I would say why not squeeze Vanderbilt in there, but UT always plays them towards the end of the season and currently the Commodores are 3-0. That's right, you heard me. Vanderbilt is undefeated. While I will be wholeheartedly rooting for the Vols when they play each other, I would love to see Vandy go to a bowl game. They've been kicked around enough. By the way, I'm counting on Tennessee to come out fighting at LSU and take it. No way they can drop two in-conference games in a row.

Talking about must-wins, Colorado State must defeat Nevada this week if they have any hopes of salvaging their season. Nevada shouldn't be a problem and the Rammies got a week to prepare, so I am going with CSU with this one. C'mon Rammies, you can do it!

#1 USC faces their first challenge of the season against #24 Oregon. Ok, it isn't exactly a powerhouse match-up, but they have to put up a better contest than Hawaii or Arkansas put up. I'm still going with USC, though. A little closer than the past two games, but still a comfortable win.

# 2 Texas has week off.

Another good game this week should be the battle of the Techs: #4 Virginia Tech at #15 Georgia Tech. Of course this all depends on whether or not GT plays with their star QB. If not, they are going with the redshirt freshman. Not a good sign. Even worse of a sign is that they are playing in Virginia and VT's QB is none other than Marcus Vick. I'd go with VT no matter who was at the helm in GT.

Ok, that's it for now. I listened to more Modest Mouse today. This time it was Building Nothing Out of Something. I reviewed this one a little while back. I really like this album. It may have moved up to second place now right behind Moon & Antarctica. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home