Friday, September 16, 2005

Your Head Will Collapse If There’s Nothing In It

Friday. Yeah! Sorry everyone for the lack of a post yesterday, I left work early and didn't get a chance to put one up. Don't worry, I did get the website uploaded successfully yesterday so you can all be relieved about that. I know everyone was deeply concerned. Today I am catching up on work from yesterday and putting together my standard Friday spreadsheet receivables report. Fun times.

Since I was out yesterday, I will do college football picks today:

The biggest game of the week is undoubtedly Tennessee at Florida. I'm not just saying this as a huge UT fan, but as a college football fan in general. The outcome of this game almost always has bearing on who vies for the national championship. I know everyone loves the Big 10 and the Pac-10 but the SEC is a veritable football powerhouse and with four teams in the top 10 you better believe it! Anyway, it looks rough for my Volunteers. Although they won, they didn't play well last week and they are playing in the Swamp, never a good situation. An objective observer would pick the Gators, but I'm not objective when it comes to beating Florida. Tennessee over Florida in a close one.

Colorado State does not play this week, which is a good thing since they are probably still reeling from their embarrassing loss to Minnesota last week. Hopefully this time off will help them prepare for their first win over unranked Nevada next week. The big MWC game this week is Air Force over Wyoming. I'm going with Air Force on this one.

#1 USC plays Arkansas. USC with the easy win over the Razorbacks.

#2 Texas plays Rice. What a joke. While I'd love to see Rice win a big one, Texas could handle them easily with their third string. Texas takes it by a huge margin.

That's it for now. #3 LSU doesn't play.

I listened to more Pixies on the way in to work today. I listened to the Pixies, yesterday, too. I am really into this band right now. I know I'm a latecomer with this band, but right now I don't care about appearances, I am digging the tunes and that should be all that matters. I honestly can't get some of these songs out of my head. They are that good. Anyway, this morning I listened to Come On Pilgrim, their first EP release comprised of a few tracks laid down on their initial demo tape. This EP definitely shows a more rough side of the Pixies, as apposed to the more refined studio albums they put out later. That doesn't mean this EP is bad, in fact, quite the opposite. This album rocks, literally and figuratively. It has a harder edge and less melody than their other releases. I recommend it, but not for your first Pixies outing. I would recommend Doolittle or Surfer Rosa for that. I'm still deciding which one of those albums I like best. You'd better get both just to be safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home