Thursday, September 01, 2005

I’m Trying to Get My Head Clear; I Push Things Out Through My Mouth, I Get Refilled Through My Ears

Thursday. Today is website upload day and so far all is well. I will be moving on to more job approvals here in a bit, and then some spreadsheet work. Fun times, but at least I'm keeping busy.

Today I listened to The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse. It appears to me that Modest Mouse fans seem to fall into two camps: those who think The Moon & Antarctica is their best album, and those who think The Lonesome Crowded West is their best work. While both albums are great, the two are strikingly different. The Lonesome Crowded West is earlier Modest Mouse, and exhibits a much rougher, more experimental edge. The Moon & Antarctica, on the other hand, is much more mellow and refined. At this point in time, I am going to have to say I am in the "Moon" camp. However, I am much more familiar with that album since I had it first, so maybe after more subsequent listens I may change my opinion. I guess I'll just have to listen to even more Modest Mouse. Darn.

Ok, it's only Thursday, but I'm ready to make my college football predictions for this weekend:

My alma mater, Colorado State University, will embarrass CU in Boulder during this weekend's Rocky Mountain Showdown. CU will once again blame "looking forward to next week" or "didn't take the game seriously" when they lose, instead of giving CSU the props they deserve.

The University of Tennessee will win a game against UA-Birmingham so heavily favored that it won't even run on TV, despite UT's #3 ranking.

Hmmm... Florida is playing Wyoming... what do you do when you want both teams to lose? I am going to call Wyoming to win this one. I realize this is going against conventional wisdom, but I think CSU has a better chance of beating UW then Tennessee has beating Florida, so an extra loss on UF's part would definitely help UT out in the SEC. Plus, with their lucky gator head missing, they may just not have the mojo to take on the mighty Cowboys...

Finally, the most trouble #1 USC will have in Hawaii will be getting through the airport. I'm not a huge USC fan, but I really like their coach Pete Carroll. I dig his style.

Well, that's it for darthjohn42's college football corner. As you can see there is absolutely no objectivity in these predictions, so if you want real insight go to like ESPN or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home