Friday, September 02, 2005

What’s the Matter With the Truth? Is There Any of it Left For Us to See?

Friday. Yeah! Not much going on here today at work. Half of the branch is out due to the holiday weekend, but faithful darthjohnny42 is still here banging out spreadsheets. Awesome.

Today I listened to Big Choice by Face to Face. Face to Face is a punk rock band recommended to me by one of my co-workers in another branch. I chose Big Choice to check out first because it was highly recommended on Amazon.com. This album was ok, and I can see myself listening to it again, but it didn't blow my mind or anything. I definitely dug their style, though. They play my type of punk, not that pop stuff that they've been trying to pass as punk rock lately. The lyrics are a bit bland on this album. As I've said numerous times on this site, good lyrics are the dealmaker for me. If a good band wants to be great in my book, they better come with something smart or clever. The same old clichés just don't cut it for me.

In other news, we get a long weekend due to the Labor Day holiday. No complaints about that. Labor Day is my favorite holiday all year. I'm dead serious. Think about it. First, you get a day off just for working. The government just said "American people, just for being such hard workers we are going to give you a non-communist affiliated paid day off." Sweet. Second, there are no obligations to celebrate Labor Day. No stressing out over getting the right Labor Day gift, no fancy dinners, no dressing up, and no strings attached. Of course, one might opt for the beer and barbeque, but it isn't required. All you have to do is not work. I think I can handle that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home